Land Use and Building Department

■ Planning & Zoning ■ Building ■ Code Enforcement

***Masks are required inside the Land Use and Building Department office effective September 13, 2021. If you wish not to wear one you will be asked to wait outside and a member of our staff will be out to assist you*** You may contact us at 208-587-2142 Ext. 502

Welcome to the Elmore County Land Use and Building page.

Office: 208.587.2142 ext. 502
Fax: 208.587.2120
Address: 520 East 2nd South
Mountain Home, Idaho 83647

Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday with the office closed for lunch from 12:00pm-1:00pm

It is recommended that individuals schedule appointments with the Land Use and Building Department.
Land Use and Building Map

NOTE: Construction waste dumping at the county waste transfer facility in Pine, Atlanta, Prairie and Glenns Ferry is not allowed.  Construction waste shall only be disposed at approved locations.

Land Use and Building Department Staff

Building Official

  • Johnny Hernandez

Code Enforcement Officer

  • James Roddin

Permit Technician


  • Joel Cruz-Haber


The purpose of the Land Use and Building Department is to assist the citizens of Elmore County in all land use issues relating to Planning, Zoning, Building, Ordinances, and Flood Control.  The Department is here to help the public, feel free to contact staff with any questions or concerns.

The Planning and Zoning Commission usually meets once monthly at the War Memorial Hall, 515 East 2nd South, on the 3rd Wednesday of the month. The exact dates and times will be posted on the Land Use and Building Department front door, at the War Memorial Hall and at the Elmore County Courthouse not later than 48 hours prior to each meeting.  Meeting agendas are also posted on the Elmore County website on the Land Use and Building Department page.

Code Enforcement Complaint Forms are available at the Land Use and Building Department office.  Code complaints that are called in or submitted will need to have a Complaint Form filled out, you can submit the form to Code Enforcement.

When requesting information regarding -property in Elmore County, please fill out this form: Property Information Request and submit to the Director,  We will do research on the property and prepare a written response. When requesting a Public Records Request please submit the request to the Director or the County Planner.

For information regarding upgrading an existing cell tower, please contact the County Planner



Flood Zone Information

Helpful Links