Land Use and Building Department
■ Planning & Zoning ■ Building ■ Code Enforcement
To whom it may concern:
The Commissioners of Elmore County would like to express our thoughts to the person or persons responsible for the Billboards and Media attacks on the Elmore County Land Use and Building Department. If you could please respond to our E-mails or please identify yourselves we can and will be glad to discuss any issues you may have.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Chairman Wes Wooten
Office: 208.587.2142 ext. 502
Address: 520 East 2nd South
Mountain Home, Idaho 83647
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday
It is recommended that individuals schedule appointments with the Land Use and Building Department.
Land Use and Building Map
NOTE: Construction waste dumping at the county waste transfer facility in Pine is not allowed. Construction waste shall only be disposed at approved locations.
The purpose of the Land Use and Building Department is to assist the citizens of Elmore County in all land use issues relating to Planning, Zoning, Building, Ordinances, and Flood Control. The Department is here to help the public, feel free to contact staff with any questions or concerns.
The Planning and Zoning Commission usually meets twice monthly at the War Memorial Hall, 515 East 2nd South, on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays. The exact dates and times will be posted on the Land Use and Building Department front door not later than 48 hours prior to each meeting. Citizens wanting to receive all Public Notices issued from the Land Use and Building Department should call 587-2142 ext 502, or send their email address to the Administrative Assistant. Please indicate “Public Notice Request” in the subject area.
Code Enforcement Complaint Forms are available at the Land Use and Building Department office. Code complaints that are called in or submitted will need to have a Complaint Form filled out. Click here for additional information.
Geographic Information System (GIS) data, maps and aerial photos are available from the department.
- Building Permit Requirements
- Building Permit Application
- Building Permit Extension Application
- Address Assignment Application
- Agricultural Building Application
PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION LINKS
- 2018 Planning and Zoning Meetings
- Current and Past Agendas
- Public Hearing Notices
- Current Planning and Zoning Commission Members
- Application to become a Planning and Zoning Commission Member (PDF)
- Commission by-laws
LINKS TO DOCUMENTS AND OTHER WEBSITES
- Elmore County 2014 Comprehensive Plan
- Resolution No. 649-18 Concerning Current Building Codes
- Current Zoning and Development Ordinance – Adopted May 18, 2018
- Fee Schedule (Effective May 19, 2017)
- Zoning Map – Interactive Arcgis.com
- Zoning Map – Adopted May 13, 2013
- Mountain Home Area of City Impact – Adopted December 1, 2010
- Elmore County Land Ownership
- Elmore County Voting Districts
- Elmore County Voting Districts – Mountain Home
- Elmore County Commissioner Districts
Faxed applications are not accepted. Fees must be paid and application material must be complete before any public hearing is scheduled.
Neighborhood meetings are required for comprehensive plan amendments, variances, conditional uses, zoning map amendments, expansions or extensions of nonconforming uses and subdivisions. Applicants are strongly encouraged to schedule a pre-application meeting with Land Use and Building staff.
- Accessory Dwelling Unit Application
- Administration Decision Application
- Amending Comprehensive Plan Application – Contact Department
- Amending Zoning and Development Ordinance Application – Contact Department
- Appeal of Administrative Decision (Director)
- Appeal of Planning and Zoning Commission Decision
- Boundary Line Adjustment Application
- New Confined Animal Feeding Operation (CAFO)
- Transfer CAFO Ownership
- Comprehensive Plan Amendment – Contact Department
- Conditional Use Permit Application
- Development Agreement – Contact Department
- Extension of Approval
- Final Plat Application
- Floodplain Development Application
- Hillside Development and Grading Permit Application
- License to Operate a Mobile Home/Manufactured Home Park
- Tower Co-location Application
- Farm Development Right Application
- Minor Land Division Application
- Preliminary Plat Application
- Private Road Application
- Private Road Certification Form
- Reconsideration of Board Decision
- Subdivision Vacation Application
- Variance Application
- Zoning Change Application – Contact Department
- Zoning Permit Application
Flood Zone Information
- Link to Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Website
- Idaho River Flows
- FEMA Elevation Certificate with Instructions