Land Use and Building Department
■ Planning & Zoning ■ Building ■ Code Enforcement
Welcome to the Elmore County Land Use and Building page.
Office: 208.587.2142 ext. 502
Address: 520 East 2nd South
Mountain Home, Idaho 83647
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday
It is recommended that individuals schedule appointments with the Land Use and Building Department.
Land Use and Building Map
NOTE: Construction waste dumping at the county waste transfer facility in Pine, Atlanta, Prairie and Glenns Ferry is not allowed. Construction waste shall only be disposed at approved locations.
The purpose of the Land Use and Building Department is to assist the citizens of Elmore County in all land use issues relating to Planning, Zoning, Building, Ordinances, and Flood Control. The Department is here to help the public, feel free to contact staff with any questions or concerns.
The Planning and Zoning Commission usually meets twice monthly at the War Memorial Hall, 515 East 2nd South, on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays. The exact dates and times will be posted on the Land Use and Building Department front door not later than 48 hours prior to each meeting. Citizens wanting to receive all Public Notices issued from the Land Use and Building Department should call 587-2142 ext 502, or send their email address to the Administrative Assistant. Please indicate “Public Notice Request” in the subject area.
Code Enforcement Complaint Forms are available at the Land Use and Building Department office. Code complaints that are called in or submitted will need to have a Complaint Form filled out, you can submit the form to Code Enforcement. Click here for additional information.
Geographic Information System (GIS) data, maps and aerial photos are available from the department.
When requesting information regarding -property in Elmore County, please fill out this form: Property Information Request and submit to the Director, We will do research on the property and prepare a written response. When requesting a Public Records Request please submit the request to the Director or the County Planner.
For information regarding upgrading an existing cell tower, please contact the County Planner.
- Building Permit Requirements
- Building Permit Application- fillable
- Building Permit Extension Application – fillable
- Address Request Form – fillable
- Agriculture Exempt Building Permit – fillable
- Building Permit Payment
PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION LINKS
LINKS TO DOCUMENTS AND OTHER WEBSITES
- Elmore County 2014 Comprehensive Plan
- Resolution No. 649-18 Concerning Current Building Codes
- Current Zoning and Development Ordinance – Adopted May 18, 2018
- Fee Schedule (Effective May 19, 2017)
- Zoning Map – Interactive Arcgis.com
- Zoning Map – Adopted May 13, 2013
- Mountain Home Area of City Impact – Adopted December 1, 2010
- Elmore County Land Ownership
- Elmore County Voting Districts
- Elmore County Voting Districts – Mountain Home
- Elmore County Commissioner Districts
- Herd Districts 2 and 4
- Hammett Herd District
- King Hill Herd District
- Mountain Home Herd District
Faxed applications are not accepted. Fees must be paid and application material must be complete before any public hearing is scheduled.
Neighborhood meetings are required for comprehensive plan amendments, variances, conditional uses, zoning map amendments, expansions or extensions of nonconforming uses and subdivisions. Applicants are strongly encouraged to schedule a pre-application meeting with Land Use and Building staff.
- Accessory Dwelling Unit – fillable
- Administrative Decision Application – fillable
- Amending Comprehensive Plan Application – Contact Department
- Amending Zoning and Development Ordinance Application – Contact Department
- Appeal of Director Decision – fillable
- Appeal of Planning and Zoning Decision – fillable
- Boundary Line Adjustment Application – fillable
- Confined Animal Feeding Operation – fillable
- Confined Animal Feeding Operation Transfer Application – fillable
- Comprehensive Plan Amendment – Contact Department
- Conditional Use Permit – fillable
- Development Agreement – Contact Department
- Extension of Approval – fillable
- Final Plat Application – fillable
- Floodplain Development Application – fillable
- Hillside Development Application – fillable
- Transfer License of Manufactured/Mobile Home Park – fillable
- Tower Co-location Application – fillable
- Farm Development Right Application – fillable
- Minor Land Division – fillable
- Private Road Application – fillable
- Preliminary Plat Application – fillable
- Private Road Certification – fillable
- Reconsideration for Board Decision – fillable
- Subdivision Vacation Lot – fillable
- Variance – fillable
- Zoning Change Application – Contact Department
- Zoning Permit – fillable