150 S 4th E St

Mountain Home, ID 83647

Civil Page

This Office is located at 2255 East 8th North Mountain Home, Idaho 83647

Some of the Things We do

The Civil Division of the Elmore County Sheriff’s Office serves civil summons and complaints, subpoenas, notices and orders.

The Elmore County Sheriff’s Office has the responsibility of serving and executing court-issued documents.  The Plaintiff or his/her agent presents these documents to the Sheriff’s Office.  The most common documents served by this office are Writs of Assistance, Writs of Attachment, Writs of Possession, Writs of Restitution and Writs of Execution.

The Elmore County Sheriff’s Office has the responsibility to collect delinquent personal property taxes.  The Elmore County Treasurer provides the Sheriff with a Warrant of Distraint for each delinquency.  These Warrants have the same standing under the law as Writs of Execution.  Personal property includes business furnishings and equipment as well as manufactured homes.

Domestic Violence Protection Orders.  This is an order issued by the Courts to protect a spouse, former spouse or a person who has a child in common regardless of whether they have been married or have lived together at any time.

Some of the things We Do Not Do

The Sheriff’s office has the authority and duty to intervene in matters of a criminal nature.  This is not true in civil matters.  In order for the Sheriff to become involved in anything  of a civil nature, we must have a court-issued document in hand that specifies certain actions that we must take on behalf of the plaintiff.  The deputies of the Elmore County Sheriff are not attorneys and are not able to give any legal advice.  We urge anyone with legal concerns to contact an attorney.


UPDATED:  View all Civil Fees

To request more information on fees, service and paperwork requirements, phone

(208) 587-3370 ext. 1031 or Fax (208) 587-2118