150 S 4th E St

Mountain Home, ID 83647

Department of Motor Vehicles

  • Department of Motor Vehicles

Mountain Home Office

Phone: 208-587-2130 Ext 504
Fax: 208-587-1884
Physical Address: 430 E 2nd S Mountain Home Idaho 83647
Mailing Address: Dept. of Motor Vehicles , 150 S 4th E Ste 2,  Mountain Home, Idaho 83647

Hours 8:30am-4:30pm Monday-Friday

Glenns Ferry Office

Phone: 208-366-2136
Fax: 208-366-3041
Address: Glenns Ferry DMV
201 N Commercial
PO Box 844
Glenns Ferry, ID 83623
Hours: 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday-Friday (closed 1pm-2pm for lunch)

Renew Your Registration Online

Frequently Asked Questions


What are Idaho’s Motor Vehicle requirements to register a vehicle in Idaho?

  • Vehicle must belong to an Idaho resident or business.
  • Vehicle must be titled in Idaho before it can be registered.
  • Out of state vehicles, registering for the first time in Idaho, must bring vehicle to DMV for vin Inspection. If unable to bring the vehicle to the DMV you may call dispatch at 208-587-2100 for an officer to perform a vin inspection on the vehicle.
  • You must provide an Idaho Drivers License, Idaho ID card, or another state issued photo ID with your Social Security Number or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) Business will require an Employee Identification Number (EIN).

What do I need to bring to the DMV to register my car?

  • If renewing a registration that has already been titled and registered in Idaho and in your name, bring your renewal notice you received from ITD or from Idaho State Parks and Recreation to make the process more efficient.
  • If purchased from an Idaho Dealer, you need the pink 502 form, also known as the Report of Sale Application for Certification of Title.
  • If coming from out of state and you are currently living here, you will need your title, photo ID, If you do not have an Idaho Drivers license, you will need the SSN of each person on the title, along with the vehicle for vin inspection. If a Lien Holder is holding your out of state title, then you will need to request for your original title to be sent to Idaho. Titled owner must fill out this form (TITLE REQUEST FROM LIEN HOLDER-PDF) and fax it to your lien holder. Once your title arrives, we will send you a postcard informing you that we have received your title. You will need to bring your vehicle to the DMV in order to title and register it in the State of Idaho.
  • If just purchased from an out of state dealer, you will need your title, photo ID, vehicle for vin inspection, and purchase order with proof of sales tax paid. Otherwise, Idaho use tax will be due on the day your vehicle is titled in Idaho.