150 S 4th E St

Mountain Home, ID 83647

Military Personnel and Veterans

Military Personnel

If you own a home and get orders to relocate, PCS, or deploy, you may keep your homeowner’s exemption on your primary residence. You will have to fill out a new application each year. If you leave the military service for any reason and are not currently living in the home, you will lose the exemption. If you move out on your own volition, you will not qualify for the exemption.

The applications can either be mailed, faxed or emailed to you. Please contact the Assessor’s Office @ 208-587-2126 Ext 507.


Beginning in 2019, Idaho is starting a new program for disabled veterans with a 100% service-connected disability. Those veterans meeting the requirements may apply for a special property tax reduction. The benefit amount for 2022 is $1,500, not to exceed the amount of the veteran’s actual property taxes.

To qualify for the exemption the veteran must meet the following requirements:

  • Have a 100% service-connected disability
  • Living in the home as a primary residence for which the exemption is to be applied.
  • Provide the appropriate paperwork that shows proof the 100% service-connected disability.

The time frame to apply will be January 1– April 15th each year.  You can download the form here.