Veterans Service Officer
515 East 2nd South
Mountain Home, ID 83647
Phone: (208) 587-2130 x 1296
Fax: (208) 587-4909
Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Veterans Service Office (VSO) assists Veterans and their dependents in preparing claims for benefits or privileges to which they may be entitled as administered by the US Department of Veterans Affairs. Veterans Services Offices (VSO) may be county or city based.
Beginning in 2019, Idaho is starting a new program for disabled veterans with a 100% service-connected disability. Those veterans meeting the requirements may apply for a special property tax reduction of $1,320, not to exceed the amount of the veteran’s actual property taxes.
To qualify for the exemption the veteran must meet the following requirements:
- Have a 100% service-connected disability
- Living in the home as a primary residence for which the exemption is to be applied.
- Provide the appropriate paperwork that shows proof the 100% service-connected disability.
Apply from January 1, 2019 – April 15th, 2019. property-tax-benefit-veterans
Make the Connections.net
MakeTheConnection.net connects Veterans, their families and friends, and other supporters with mental health information, a tool for finding local resources, and videos of Veterans sharing their inspiring stories of recovery. Visitors can learn about the signs of mental health conditions or substance use problems and locate sources of support. The site is free to use and accessible to everyone.
Please check out the following pages and add links to one or more of them to your website:
- Problems with alcohol or drugs: https://maketheconnection.net/symptoms/alcohol-drug-problems
- Suicide risk:https://maketheconnection.net/conditions/suicide
- Group therapy and peer support:https://maketheconnection.net/stories/715