Military Personnel

If you own a home and get orders to relocate, PCS or deployment, you may keep your homeowner’s exemption on your primary residence. You will have to fill out a new application each year by the deadline of April 15th. If you leave the military service for any reason, you will lose the exemption. If you move out of your own volition, you will not qualify for the exemption.

The applications can either be mailed, faxed or emailed to you. Just contact the Assessor’s Office @ 208-587-2126 Ext 507.


Beginning in 2019, Idaho is starting a new program for disabled veterans with a 100% service-connected disability. Those veterans meeting the requirements may apply for a special property tax reduction of $1,320, not to exceed the amount of the veteran’s actual property taxes.

To qualify for the exemption the veteran must meet the following requirements:

  • Have a 100% service-connected disability
  • Living in the home as a primary residence for which the exemption is to be applied.
  • Provide the appropriate paperwork that shows proof the 100% service-connected disability.

The timeframe to apply will be January 1, 2019 – April 15th, 2019. This a new program so there are going to be changes as the exact details are discussed.