Elmore County Jail
The Jail Roster can only be viewed with Internet Explorer at this time and Silverlight must be installed.
To be eligible for work release, the court must allow the individual the option of participating in the work release program. Work release is only authorized to individuals who are currently employed. Being released to look for a job is not authorized.
At the discretion of the Elmore County Detention Center, the individual may be released from jail each working day, if approved by the Jail Commander, to go out to work and will be expected to report back to jail at the end of the work day.
- An individual must be sentenced to at least 3 days to be eligible for work release.
- He/she must spend the first 24 hours of their incarceration in jail before being released for work.
- Work release cost per day is $15 ($105 a week) or $20 ($140 a week) if sentenced from another county. The fee must be paid in full for the entire week prior to being released for work. If the weekly fee is not paid, the individual will be kept in jail until the fee is paid.
- A work release packet will have to be completed and submitted to the Jail Commander for approval. A work schedule printed on business letterhead with the dates and times the employee is scheduled to work in the week to follow must also be submitted with the packet. The schedule must contain the name and signature of the employee’s supervisor and a business telephone number where the supervisor can be reached. It must also include the type of business and the address or location the employee will be working each day. If any changes must be made to the schedule or the location of work, the supervisor must contact the Elmore County Detention Center prior to the change and will fax or send the revised schedule as soon as possible to the Detention Center.
- The employee must be at the work site at all times or will be found in violation of the work release agreement. We reserve the right to physically check on the employee at the work site at any time, either by phone or in person.
- A new work schedule signed by the supervisor will be required at the beginning of each work week prior to the individual being released even if the work schedule is the same as the week before.
- As part of the Work Release program agreement, the individual must follow all the rules and regulations outlined in the program. Work release inmates will be released with a sufficient amount of travel time prior to their scheduled work time and will be required to return to the Detention Center immediately after their scheduled work time unless special arrangements are made with the shift supervisor of the Detention Center. If a work release participant is more than half an hour late, he/she may be required to bring a signed letter from his/her work supervisor on letterhead stationary stating the reason for being late.
- Employment must be within the boundaries of Elmore County.
The Sheriff Inmate Labor Detail (SILD) Program allows a person sentenced for a crime to serve their sentence on a work crew rather than being incarcerated in the jail. The individual will be supervised by a Deputy and perform work as assigned during the day and then will be released to go home to return on their next scheduled SILD day.
1. The Court order must authorize SILD as an option to jail time.
2. Individuals must be free of any physical or mental limitations that would prevent their full participation in the program.
3. Individuals are required to contact the Elmore County Jail within 24 hours of sentencing to make arrangements for their participation in the SILD program.
4. Individuals will be required to pay $15 per day prior to departing with the SILD supervisor. Out of county individuals will be required to pay $25 per day prior to departing with the SILD supervisor.(You must bring exact change as we do not have funds to make change)
5. Arrival time is 8:45 a.m. Work starts at 9:00 a.m. and is not scheduled to end until 5:00 p.m. You must perform the required work during these hours and may not leave until dismissed from the SILD supervisor.
Elmore County Jail
Fax: (208) 587-3438
Elmore County Jail
2255 East 8th North
Mountain Home, ID 83647