Marriage License Requirements
208-587-2130 Extension 500
1) If under 18 years of age, you will need parental consent in the form of notarized statement and birth certificate.
2) If under 16 years of age, you will need parental consent in the form of a notarized statement, permission must be obtained from the Court and your birth certificate.
3) Both applicants must appear in person and sign the affidavit.
4) Both applicants must have photo ID with date of birth listed.
5) Fee of $28.00, MUST BE IN CASH, (no checks accepted).
6) If divorced, you need to know the date the divorce was final. (Month, Day & Year)
7) Every application for a marriage license shall include the social security number of the parties applying for the license. (Idaho Code 32-403)
(a) The requirement that an applicant provide a social security number shall apply only to the applicants who have been assigned a social security number.
(b) An applicant who has not been assigned a social security number shall:
(1) Present written verification from the social security administration that the applicant
has not been assigned a social security number; and
(2) Submit a birth certificate, passport, or other documentary evidence issued by an entity
other than a state or the United States; and
(3) Submit such proof as the department may require that the applicant is lawfully presented in the United States.
NOTE: Blood tests are not required. There is
no waiting period.
Idaho code 32-401, 32-402, 32-202, 32-205, 32-206, 32-207
Elmore County Recorder's Office
Elmore County Courthouse Suite 3
150 South 4th East Street Mountain Home, Idaho 83647
Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Phone: (208) 587-2130 Extension 500