Elmore County SealElmore County, Idaho      

Land Use and Building Department

■ Planning & Zoning ■ Building ■ Code Enforcement


  • Construction waste dumping at the county waste transfer facility in Pine is not allowed.  Construction waste shall only be disposed at approved locations.


Important note for all development


***Call the Land Use and Building Department before you dig.  Elmore County has requirements for grading and moving dirt.  The South Fork Boise River is considered an area of critical concern.  Development in the area of critical concern must comply with Chapter 14 of the Elmore County Zoning and Development Ordinance. ***




Address:520 East 2nd South
Mountain Home, Idaho 83647 

Hours:8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday

It is recommended that individuals schedule appointments with the Land Use and Building Department.
Office Location Map


 Land Use and Building Department Staff:


  Department Director / Planner     

Beth Bresnahan

Extension 256

Building Official

Tell Riley

Extension 255


Diana Clark

Extension 269

Administrative Assistant  

Kacey Ramsauer

Extension 254

Code Enforcement

Clint Ericson

Extension 246



The purpose of the Land Use and Building Department is to assist the citizens of Elmore County in all land use issues relating to Planning, Zoning, Building, Ordinances, and Flood Control.  The Department is here to help the public, feel free to contact staff with any questions or concerns.

The Planning and Zoning Commission usually meets twice monthly at the War Memorial Hall, 515 East 2nd South, on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays. The exact dates and times will be posted on the Land Use and Building Department front door not later than 48 hours prior to each meeting.  Citizens wanting to receive all Public Notices issued from the Land Use and Building Department should call 587-2142, or send their email address via this form. Please indicate "Public Notice Request" in the subject area.

Code Enforcement Complaint Forms are available at the Land Use and Building Department office.  Code complaints that are called in or submitted will need to have a form filled out.  Click here for additional information.

Geographic Information System (GIS) data, maps and aerial photos are available from the department. 


















        Effective May 19, 2017


Document Links








Faxed applications are not accepted.  Fees must be paid and application material must be complete before any public hearing is scheduled.


Neighborhood meetings are required for comprehensive plan amendments, variances, conditional uses, zoning map amendments, expansions or extensions of nonconforming uses and subdivisions.  Applicants are strongly encouraged to schedule a pre-application meeting with Land Use and Building staff.







Flood Zone Information



Helpful Links